Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A little Tino spring cleaning

Going through my scanned folder, at some point over the winter I did scan these five Tino cards without doing anything with them in terms of a post. So why not lump them all together here?

My favorite of the group is 1998 Leaf, the Fractal Matrix parallel. This was another one of those confusing '90s sets with a ton of parallels and versions, but they were quite attractive cards. There also aren't a ton of cards where Tino is sliding into a base.
This card reeks of America, and I like it.
I was surprised I didn't have this Panini die cut, but again, parallel colors that are hard to keep track of.
Here's a cool minor league issue from when Tino was in AAA.
Lastly, here's a card I accidentally bought for a second time, which I do all the time. At least it's #'d to 100. I don't really get why Tino is a Mariner here, as it was from 2002 when he was going from the Yanks to the Cardinals. Maybe because it's Rookies and Stars and he was a rookie with the M's? But that is not a photo of him as a rookie, so I really don't know.
Anyhow, four new Tinos and a low-numbered dupe!


6 comments:

  1. For as much as I loathe the parallel insanity we have now, I'm glad it's at least uniform and every last detail about it is available on the internet (to the point where it's boring). Unlike in the 90's when everything was loosey goosey and not even the companies knew what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Fractal Matrix is my favorite too. Fun batch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a Tino card Saturday, well actually an Edgar card with Tino's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much America goodness in this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 1997 Bowman Chrome International parallels are one of the greatest parallels of all-time... especially the refractors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning | Bond cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning home bush | End of lease cleaning Alexandria and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete