Wednesday, May 6, 2020

30 to go

Just last Tuesday, I did a post titled "40 to go." That was my start of the countdown until I hit 1,000 unique Tino Martinez cards.

Here were are, just eight days later, and I've already cut that number by 10. All due to some TCDB trades. Pretty great site, if you're into that kind of thing.

One trader had six Tinos I needed! That never happens. I traded him 10 random cards on his list for these six. It's entirely possible I already have the 1991 Topps with the dark logo, but I don't have record of it. The 1992 O-Pee-Chee is pretty sweet. Never seen it in the wild. Plus, three of these cards were Pacific?! I love Pacific.
In this trade, I was only supposed to get the SI card, but the trader told me he didn't like the edge (it looked fine to me), so he threw in a Yankee Stadium Legacy. Yes, I do count those ones as unique Tinos. They are different cards.
The last card that came in was courtesy of Paul of Scribbled Ink, also by way of TCDB. Nice one for one swap. Tino as a Cardinal. Meh. But I needed it, darn it!
So there we are. Just a handful left. It's getting harder and harder to find the ones I don't have, but I'm going to keep trying like heck to get there. I've got nothing else to do!

7 comments:

  1. That's some incredible progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite card in this post is the Fleer Tradition... and it has nothing to do with Tino being featured with the Cardinals. I like the look of that card design... and it features a well cropped action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great. I applaud your persistence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks awesome. You're giving me motivation and inspiration to try to get my Strawberry totals climbing...

    ReplyDelete