Thursday, July 30, 2020

Double stacked

The other day, the King of Kindness, Wes, decided to send out a giant stack of PWEs. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of not one, but two of these!

The first came in about two weeks ago, and it was from a set I've long admired, 2002 Upper Deck Yankees Dynasty Game-Used:
What a cool card. The Tino and Paul O'Neill combo is one of my favorites. This issue features coach Willie Randolph alongside Chuck Knoblauch. It's a set I might think about chasing sometime, outside of the fact that guys like DiMaggio and Mantle are included. Oof. The card itself is really attractive, and the jersey pieces inside the interlocking NY is a nice touch.

I would have been happy there, but then ANOTHER PWE arrived earlier this week.
Look at that! A Topps Gallery RC autograph of Clint Frazier.

Frazier needs to play. He's an impact bat. I like Brett Gardner. He's been a good Yankee for over a decade. But it's hard to watch him up there while Frazier is wasting away at an alternate site (cue Gardner hitting two HRs tonight).

Wes, thanks for thinking of me!

4 comments:

  1. I think Randolph might have played a few games for the Yankees. 13 seasons' worth maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! But it's a picture from his coaching days!

      Delete
  2. Willie Randolph was another one of those late 70's/early 80's NY Yankees players I didn't mind rooting for. I didn't even realize he had memorabilia cards out there. Maybe I'll try to track one down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the Yankees really need ANOTHER impact bat? LOL
    Seriously, that lineup is so loaded it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete