Tuesday, June 29, 2021

After a quick stop in Alaska, The Martian has landed

The USPS does some crazy things sometimes. 

I recently bought a two card lot of Jasson Dominguez 2021 Bowman Futurists inserts. One was the regular, and one was the Mega Box version. I haven't been going crazy on Dominguez cards, but now that there are a few more and the prices are reasonable, I've picked up a couple here and there.
I bought them and didn't think twice, then I got a message for the seller. He had tracked the package, and noticed that they went from Illinois to Anchorage, Alaska. He was positive he addressed them to New Jersey.

I appreciated him reaching out. I knew it wasn't his fault.

Eventually, tracking picked back up again, and the cards made it safely to NJ. Were they actually in Alaska? I assume so, but who knows.

Dominguez, known as The Martian for his out-of-this-world skillset, is the Yankees top prospect, and their current best hope for an exciting young star in the mold of an Acuna, Tatis, or Guerrero. Will he be? Who knows. He's only 18, and obviously didn't have a minor league season last year. A lot can happen between now and then.

He did finally making his US debut yesterday, going 0 for 2 with a walk. He'll be exciting to follow these next few years, and I hope he stays healthy and on the path to NY...with as few detours along the way as possible.

5 comments:

  1. Always exciting to see how highly touted prospect perform when they make it to The Show. Hope he pans out for your favorite team. As much as I don't want to see the Yankees succeed... I do hope he shines and joins this exciting crop of young superstars currently in the league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The postal service can be very strange. About 2? years ago I had a package that originated in PA (I forget if it was Pittsburgh or Philadelphia or some other PA town/city but before it headed South to Suburban Maryland it went NORTH to NYC. Then last year during the winter when the USPS was backed up due to the upcoming holiday rush as well as being super backed up by the COVID mess I had 2 packages coming from California one from the LA area and I forget which area the other one was coming from. Well both of them got stuck in one of the Major Hub post offices in the LA area around the same time. They spent at least a month and a half showing as arriving at the Main LA postal distribution center. I thought both were doomed to be lost and started to write them off as lost. Thankfully both eventually got to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post Office, nah...they no make mistakes, hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it took the scenic route :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tracking packages to see the nonsensical routes they sometimes take. They are all guilty of putting things in the wrong trucks/planes from time to time. Glad you got it!!! Was there glacial evidence??

    ReplyDelete