Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Congrats to Steve Garrison on his ML Debut

Congratulations to Steve Garrison on making his ML Debut for the Yankees last night. I’m not sure if it’s really considered an a Major League Debut if you make it against a minor league team (the Mariners), but good for Steve after spending the past seven years in the minors. The Yankees acquired him in the off-season and called him up to provide a little bullpen depth. He’ll probably be optioned back down in a day or two since Rafael Soriano is due back today.

Garrison pitched 2/3 of an inning and recorded two flyouts to end the game. From my very, very untrained eye, he didn’t seem very deceptive or have exceptional stuff. I had hopes that he could potentially be a LOOGY, but I fear he’ll end up being more of an organizational player. I did think his face/build looked a little like Ted Lilly when he was out there, but no so much his delivery. 

I don't own this card but it's pretty sweet.

Have to include Mr. Garrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment