Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm a fan of Jaybarkerfan

Wes over at Jaybarkerfan's Junk sent me more Yankees goodness. There were so many cards to sort through, and this box was sent completely out of the blue. My Yankee collection has really grown thanks to Wes' kindness.

I love all the cards, but I picked out a few that stood out to me. Let's start with a Tino I didn't have!


And how about nine new Mattinglys, including two KMart versions! I also didn't know he made it into the Fleer GOG sest. The Triple Play card is cool...looks like it was ripped out of somewhere. The only one I had of these was the Donruss. Everything else is brand spankin' new for me, which is awesome because I love Donnie Baseball.


More cards of some dude who just passed Al Kaline in number of career hits. I love the 1994 Prospects card - I didn't have this! The Road to the Show is one of my all-time favorite Jeter cards. He is so young and scrawny.


Steve "Bye Bye" Balboni RC. Enough said. Also, is this the first card of three players with mustaches on it?? Can anyone confirm or deny this?


Not a bad fivesome here!



I'm thinking of starting a Rizzuto PC. These reprints will certainly help! I love the gold-bordered Gene Woodling as well!



Wes, you are the man. Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them AJ! Always glad to find cards a good home.
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT cards - y ou're a good man, JayBarker. As a Donnie Baseball guy myself, that Fleer GOG is spectacular, but for an extra special reason - the prominent "7" on Don's sleeve to honor the passing of the Mick. His 'timeout' crouch almost makes it look like he's reflecting.............but I'm way too sentimental, maybe. GREAT card! I will have to keep my eyes open for it ~

    ReplyDelete