Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Robinson Cano - HR Derby Champ

Last night, I sent a text to one of my friends about how much I used to love the HR Derby, and now how much it blows. I remember how exciting it was as a kid...we'd have a sleepover and devour candy and ice cream and watch the Derby. When my favorite player, Tino Martinez, won in 1997 it literally was one of the greatest moments of my life. I still have it on VHS tape.

Back in 2008, I had the fortunate experience of attending the Derby at Yankee Stadium and saw Josh Hamilton put on a show. The last few years have been sort of boring though. Last night, I admit, was fairly fun to watch though. Sure, a Yankee winning helped. However, these guys were hitting absolute bombs...no doubters. It was fun to see that power between Cano, Adrien, Prince Fielder and T-Rex Ortiz.

Congrats to Cano on becoming the third Yankee to win the Derby. Afterward, he participated in a Smile Derby and won that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment