Monday, April 21, 2014

JBF Epic Boxes: Packs 1-2

About a month ago, my buddy Wes over at Jaybarkerfan's Junk sent me not one, but TWO flat rate boxes filled with team bags of Yankees cards. It was nuts how many cards were in there. It was like busting a wax box full of just your favorite team and players.
Upon retrospect, I wish I had only opened one team bag per day, but like a kid on Christmas Day, I tore through them. It was silly, really.

In order to show everything off, I took a sharpie and wrote numbers on each team bag, 1-17. That way, I can show a "pack" or two off at a time.

So let's start with packs one and two, shall we?

Pack 1
The first pack contained three cards in top loaders. These were either inserts or low-numbered cards. Did I say low-numbered? Oh, I mean 1 OF 1. Of a guy I collect! Yep, Wes sent me a 1 of 1 Phil Rizzuto card! There is also a sweet Deion Sanders Flashback card, as well as an Aroyds Vizcaino Tristar #'d to 25.

Total cards in pack: 3
Running total: 3

Pack 2

This was loaded with a bunch of Topps Archives and retired Yanks stars.
My favorite card of the pack? This 2011 Topps Chrome Mariano Rivera. I've always loved this card. Mo walking to shake the catcher's hand after notching another save.

Total cards in pack: 16
Running total: 19

2 comments:

  1. Wes' packages are the best. A 1-of-1 Rizzuto? That's crazy! Keep the packs comin'! Can't wait to see what else you uncover.

    ReplyDelete