Wednesday, February 13, 2013

HOF bat relics


Like all of you, I'm not really sure if bat relics are part of an actual game-used bat. In fact, I'm not sure if they are even part of a piece of wood that was a bat. Regardless, they can look pretty cool on cards sometimes.

Here are two bat relics from two HOFers that I recently picked up. Obviously, the Rizzuto fits into my PC. The Winfield was not one I expected to own, but paid less than $2 shipped for it. Pretty neat card for that price.

What do you think of bat relics?


1 comment:

  1. Just a quick not too well thought out comment. Bat relics are a bit like lottery cards. They allow you to dream. Most of us will never own a game used bat from a Hall of Famer but the relic makes you feel a little like you do. And like you said, they often look really good.

    ReplyDelete