Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HOF cards - Boston edition

Usually, I don't have many kind things to say about the Red Sox on my blog. I don't necessarily bash them constantly, but I don't go out of my way to shower them with kindness. It's the nature of the rivalry. However, today, I have nothing ill-willed to say against the Sox, their fans, or their city, other than "Hang in there. We're with you guys."

I was glad to see that the Yankees will honor Boston this evening by playing Sweet Caroline after the third inning tonight. It's a small gesture, but shows a nice peace offering in a time when we need to stand united. I'll never forget the support for the NYC teams after 9/11. This reminds me of that.

To honor Boston, here are my additions to the HOF binder, featuring Red Sox, or in one instance, someone best known for his time with Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment