Monday, January 20, 2014

The (Vida) Blues

The other day, I bid on a card on Listia thinking I would add it to my son's HOF binder. I was excited to win it...only until I realized the card wasn't of a Hall of Famer. See, for some reason, I thought Vida Blue was a HOFer. Not sure why, but I certainly always lumped him in with HOF pitchers of the 1970s. And let's be honest, he was damn good.

So here I am, with a non-HOF Vida Blue 1972 Topps card, just one season after he went 24-8 and won the Cy Young AND MVP awards. The card is in pretty good shape. It has a small puncture on the left hand side of the card, but otherwise, not bad for a 1972.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I bought it for my son, so I guess I'll still put it in the non-HOF section of his binder. That is, unless someone wants to trade me this Vida for a HOFer I don't have in Joey's binder.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you bring that up. For years, I always thought he was a HOFer too.

    ReplyDelete