Thursday, October 15, 2015

A new Pineda 1/1 has a home

A few weeks ago, I got an email titled "Pineda PC."

It was from Jeff of 2x3 Heroes. He pulled a Big Mike framed printing plate from Allen & Ginter, and immediately set it aside for me.

I know that Jeff could have probably got back half of what he spent on the box if he listed it on eBay. Instead, he instantly set it aside for me and then said "I'm sure you'll send something back that's fair."

What an awesome gesture, and it really put the pressure on me to prove him right. I'm just about finished putting together a White Sox package for Jeff that I really hope he finds to be suitable. I actually had a lot of fun putting it together, so I hope it he enjoys it.

This is my second Pineda 1/1, and man do I appreciate this gesture. After I added one to my collection last year, I figured I was done, but this one just fell onto my lap, and I'm really thankful.
Jeff, thanks for this, and I hope you enjoy the White Sox headed your way.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to be a blogger - it has its perks every now and then. Congrats on the 1/1 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff did something similar for me with a 1/1 plate pull. He is the man! Congrats on the Pineda. This kind of stuff is what makes our group awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new addition to the PC. Congrats on the Pineda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, now all you have to do is return him the favor with a 1/1 of Chris Sale.

    ReplyDelete