Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Orange you glad there's 1 to go? I am.

Pretty, isn't it?

That card has a few of my favorite things. The color orange. Refractor. Ty Hensley.

But the best part about that, is that I am now down to one card to complete my Ty Hensley 2013 Bowman Draft rainbow (minus 1/1s). I've been after this one for a while and finally found a good deal and pounced. It's #'d 01/25.

All that's left is the red paper parallel #'d to 5. This is going to be tricky. There is one on COMC for $45.25, but no chance I'm paying that much. I don't know what my budget is for that card? Maybe $15 tops? Hopefully it'll pop up on eBay one day.

Anyhow, I'd love to complete this 1/1-less rainbow. I never intended to get this far, but with Ty missing so much time due to injury, he hasn't had many new cards, so I've been able to focus on what does exist.

I'm close. Let's do this!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Who knows, maybe you will find a few 1/1's too! I think $15-20 is a fair budget for the #5 card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make the COMC seller an offer. can't hurt :) Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck man. If you really get desperate, you could always move the SPx DJ rc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finishing the rainbow! I'm trying to do a few Severino rainbows myself now, and they aren't easy. The reds are so tricky to land.

    ReplyDelete