Thursday, April 27, 2017

Collecting Cutch is Clutch



I got one of those emails we all love to get:

“Just sent you a package. Should be there on Monday.”

Great! I did nothing to deserve an unprompted cardboard dropping, yet here was Brian of Collecting Cutch telling me something was headed my way. Last time he did that, I ended up with my first (and only) Tino 1/1 card.

I forgot about it, but then got home on Monday to a padded envelope from Brian. Better than the cards on the package was a note written on a toploader. Brian, I hope you don’t mind me sharing, but it meant a lot:
Such a kind gesture. The cards were pretty damn good too. Brian include an oddball Cutch, and while I certainly don’t collect him, this is a cool card. I think I’ll add it to my son’s HOF binder. Maybe it’ll even fit in in about 15 years. Plunder the lox!
The rest was an assortmemt of Yankees, and I’d be lying if I said this card wasn’t a highlight. I’ve wanted this card for a while.
Look at that beauty from Panini Prime Cuts. Tino’s new cards are few and far between, and most of the time, they are autographed. This is officially the newest Tino in my collection – literally.
I didn’t know these existed, but Brian also included a Michael Pineda blue-stamped Rediscover Topps buyback. From what I was told on Twitter, the blue versions are the second most difficult color to find. Since it’s a PC guy, I’m pleased.

Here are a few others, including a very unique Chris Carter – my first of him in a Yankee uniform!
Brian, thanks for the note, and for being a great friend. Keep up your great work as the world’s #1 Andrew McCutchen collector.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the cards. I had fun doodling on the Chris Carter. I also had fun watching the Bucs take 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

    "Plunder The Lox" Hahaha! That was a great commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new hand drawn traded parallel from Topps!

    ReplyDelete