Friday, January 19, 2018

Fortune Teller

It's funny, but lately my kids have been getting into some older movies, namely The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. In an age of movies like Lego Ninjago and all of the various Pixar-type animated films, it's slightly refreshing to see.

The other day, The Wizard of Oz was on for the 100th time and I kept thinking that the scene where Dorothy meets Professor Marvel reminded me of a baseball card. But I couldn't figure it out.
Eventually, while working on my re-organization project, I came across a team bag of Sanchez cards, and this was on top.
That’s it! That's the card it reminded me of. There's a loose connection there, right? Even the colors are a bit similar to the movie scene.

If we look into the future this year, Sanchez is due for another big year at age 25, at least based on his 2018 ZiPS projection:

32 HRs, 97 RBIs, .350 wOBA, 118 RC+.

That will do just fine coming for the catcher spot. Heck, he missed a month last year and still hit 33 homers.

Hopefully the great Professor Marvel sees Sanchez continue to develop into one of the best hitting catchers in the game, and leading the Yankees back to the World Series.

2 comments:

  1. You don't have any Wizard of Oz cards? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up watching The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and still throw them into the dvd player at least once a year.

    ReplyDelete