Saturday, January 13, 2018

Gleyber's comin'

Last year at this time, it was tough to get a Gleyber Torres card. At least one of him on the Yankees. He made his way into 2016 Bowman Draft as a member of the Yanks, which I believe was his first non-Cubs issue.

While his cards are still selling for quite a bit given he plays for NY and is one of the top prospects in baseball, they aren't quite as tough to come by anymore given he's been included in more and more sets.

In fact, my COMC Black Friday order included three such cards from 2017:
First, 2017 Bowman. Pretty basic card, but I like it.
Slightly cooler and a bit louder is Bowman Platinum. It's shiny and I like the design, as I usually do for Platinum.
And my favorite Gleyber addition is easily this Bowman Chrome Talent Pipeline. When I first saw this card, I was expecting it to have Blake Rutherford or James Kaprielian on it - guys no longer in the Yankees system. Upon further inspection, I was happy to see it include current farmhands Justus Sheffield and Clint Frazier. That instantly made the card more appealing.

Hopefully Torres makes his ML Debut this season, and that he earns an official RC at some point. That would be very cool.

3 comments:

  1. It's gonna be fun to see what Gleyber can do this year after what happened last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yankees fans have a lot to look forward to in 2018. It'll be interesting to see which guys follow in Sanchez and Judge's footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Yanks offense is loaded. Gleyber is a stud in the making... just wait until he gets his feet under him, then watch out!

    ReplyDelete