Tuesday, January 30, 2018

TTM Success: Louuuuuu

Being a big tough guy writing a "how to" article on TTMs yesterday, I needed to back up that talk with a nice success.

I did just that yesterday, as a nice little SASE was waiting for me when I got home from work.

The contents inside? This beauty:
One of baseball's greatest personalities, Lou Piniella! I have wanted an autograph of Lou for a long time, and I saw a nice run of successes recently from him for a $5 fee. While I don't always send to players/legends who require fees, I felt like $5 for Lou was certainly worth it.

I have a bunch of Yankee cards of Piniella, and I'm not quite sure what prompted me to send this card. I have a really nice 1977 Topps I considered sending, but I don't love autographs that coexist with a pre-printed facsimile. Although the '76 is an extreme close-up, I still really like it.

Thanks to Sweet Lou for this excellent addition to my collection!

6 comments:

  1. The first thing I think of when anyone mentions Lou Piniella is the quote from a former co-worker, who had gone to Toronto to see the Jays and Mariners play and to write a story. Piniella was managing Seattle at the time. The co-worker's first takeaway from Piniella after he interviewed him: "There's a man who does not take care of himself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card choice. I've seen a lot of people get Lou back lately but never this card.

    ReplyDelete