Saturday, February 3, 2018

TTM Success: Ben Gamel

Look what the cat dragged in! According to my records, I sent a TTM request to Ben Gamel on 2/27/17. Almost a year later, these arrived in my mailbox.
I love getting back TTMs that seemed gone!

Gamel has turned into a decent player for the Mariners, but the Yankees didn't have much room for him in 2016. Brian Cashman dealt him for two very solid, albeit young arms in Jio Orozco and Juan De Paula. Both are a ways away, but have had some success in the minors before turning 20.

I appreciate Mr. Gamel returning my cards signed. I don't mind the wait at all. It made for a nice surprise yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. The long wait cards are usually the best! I know some don't care for it, but I get a kick out of player's signing cards with a facsimile signature right above it. I think it looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous, I sent a request to him years ago in Scranton. I've given up on that a long time ago though. The prices for his certified BoChro autos are insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you send it to him at Spring Training? I should get one out to him now that he has some Mariners cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://thelostcollector.blogspot.com/2020/08/2020-chrome-without-stalking-card.html?showComment=1597621532138#c4927585793856039976

    ReplyDelete