Thursday, March 15, 2018

Jordan really is the GOAT

I've always loved the term "The G.O.A.T." when describing a player. For those that don't know, it's actually a positive! It stands for Greatest Of All Time. And while it's usually reserved for NBA players, recently a collector named Jordan dropped a surprise PWE on me.

Jordan reached out around the new year saying he wanted to send me a few Yanks. I totally forgot about it, so it was a nice surprise when I came home to an unexpected envelope of cards.

I certainly appreciate any and all Luis Severino RCs. This guy is going to be criminally under-collected over the next few years. He finished third in the AL Cy Young as a 23 year old. Folks, he's a good one.
There was definitely some shiny cards included too! Sadly James Kaprielian is now in the A's organization as he was part of the Sonny Gray trade. I've always liked this card of Cito Culver doing a jump throw, and the X-Fractor effect makes it even cooler.
Jordan, such a nice gesture. Thank you!

2 comments: