Monday, March 19, 2018

Unofficial Blog Bat Around: Cards from A Cracked Bat


I think equally as popular as the current blog bat around are collectors showing off cards from Julie over at A Cracked Bat. She must’ve really held up the line at the post office. I guess I should get in on the fun and show the spoils of a great package she sent me as well.

First off, Julie’s filler cards to protect the actual intended cards were 2017 Donruss Optic cards. Those might be the most high-end fillers I’ve seen. 
The reason for the package, as Julie said in an email, was that she had some leftover Yankees from 2018 Heritage. I was really happy to get my first Giancarlo Stanton card depicting him as a Yankee.
While I enjoyed the three-box break from Nachos Grande, the collation wasn’t great. In three boxes, I didn’t get either of these guys. And I’m still looking for the Judge base.
The purple Chrome refractors look incredible!
In all, there were four other team bags filled with Yankees. I LOVED this ARod from the National Convention. Definitely wasn’t expecting anything like this.
A few other cards that caught my eye were from 1995 Score Summit edition. They are striking in person. Cards like this make me feel like we haven’t progressed that much with card technology from 1995-2018, at least when you think about the progression we would’ve seen in the previous 23 year period.
Although I guess that’s not completely fair since we now have cards that have freakin’ jerseys baked into them.
And autographs galore!
The “oddest” card was more of a promotional paper, but I hadn’t see it. Very cool!
Although unrelated to the above, there were some cool discs.
Lastly, a few others that caught my eye.
Julie, this was a fantastic trade package. Thank you! I’ll be sure to send some cards your way soon!

6 comments:

  1. Julie has been killing it lately. Nice Rocket relic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good stuff. And I get stoked when filler cards are old checklists or sweepstakes cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards and write up. Julie certainly is being generous to a great many of collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay all of you!! Great fellas to pal around with on these blogs! TLC-it makes me happy to see you enjoy these Yanks. Hope we can do this again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flair Showcase and EX were such amazing products in the late 90's. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete