Saturday, May 5, 2018

Prime numbers

5 is a prime number.

It's actually my favorite number. Growing up, I always tried to be #5 in sports. My older brother's # was 5, so I sort of inherited it. I was #5 on my high school baseball and soccer teams. I even wore a silver chain with a #5 pendant on it. I've since retired wearing that because I am old and don't view myself as cool any longer.
This card is also my fifth different 2005 Donruss Prime Patches card, one of the most confusing/frustrating sets in existence. It is a triple relic featuring two bat pieces and a jersey. I also have a single relic, quad relic, jumbo relic, and number patch. And there are still many, many more out there. I'll chase them down one by one, but will never have them all. Still, it's always cool to add another Tino Martinez to my collection.

This is #847, which is not a prime number. But that's ok. Next prime number in my Tino collection? 853. I'm six away!



5 comments:

  1. Nice Tino relic! I thought you were going to say it's serial numbered to 5.

    847 cards of one player is a huge number, prime or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side you're only one away from the next even number in your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It tickles my heart that you're focusing on prime numbers. I thought I was the only one who looked at things like that in the baseball card world. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2005 Prime Patches is a ridiculous set to try and chase all the different versions. It is a heck of a lot of fun though. There was a bunch of Dave Parker and Jason Bay versions I used to chase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card. I teach about primes vs. composites ever summer to 5th graders. Might need to think of a lesson that incorporates baseball cards in your honor.

    ReplyDelete