Thursday, May 24, 2018

TTM Failure!

I look at three different buckets when it comes to a a TTM failure:

1. The write-off - the card just never comes back.
2. The price list - the card comes back unsigned with a price list.
3. The player is no longer here.

#3 happened to me just this week. In the spring of 2017, I sent Josh Hamilton. He was a non-roster invitee for the Rangers trying to make the squad one last time. He was a pretty decent signer for a lot of his career, so I gave it a whirl.

I never heard back, figuring it was a write-off. But then a PWE showed up that looked like it wasn't one I recently sent out.

Inside:
Oh well. It wouldn't have been a big deal if this never came back. I guess it's a nice thing the Rangers did by returning the item with a note. It's probably kept an intern busy over the last few days. I'm sure most of the time these just end up in a dumpster somewhere.

TTM failures happen to us all. Onward!


2 comments:

  1. took them awhile to open the mail! guess Josh left no forwarding orders.

    ReplyDelete