Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thrice as nice

The latest Topps NOW card in my possession arrived at a time when I'm feeling pretty good about the Yankees. They've won 17 of 18 games and have showed some serious resolve over that span. The winning streak has been against the best the AL has to offer, so that makes it all the more impressive.

This card is from the wee days of season, April 4 to be exact. Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sanchez, and Aaron Judge each hit 2-run homers in that game.

While these guys hitting homers isn't particularly rare, I thought having a card featuring all three of them would be pretty cool, even if it leaves a bit to be desired since each player is squeezed into a third of the card. Although I shouldn't complain given the same tactic was used to jam 4 Dodgers pitchers in one card after their combined no-hitter.

Anyhow, the Yankees will endure some rough patches this year, no doubt. But for living in the NOW, I'm a happy fan.

4 comments:

  1. Squeezing Judge onto a third of a card is quite the feat - the man is just massive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They managed to jam all three of the large adult sons into a single card, that's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the Pirates played the Yankees this year. I really want to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've been on quite the roll. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete