Saturday, February 1, 2020

Finding some bloggers on TCDB

The Trading Card Database continues to be my preferred method of trading right now. It has everything I need. It's easy way to track trades, and a good way for me send 5-6 cards away just for one or two back. Cutting down on some of the clutter, Zippy Zappy-style.

It can all be done via PWE (for the most part) as well, which suits my life because I don't have the opportunity to get to the post office during the standard work week. I hate relying on my rinky dink post office that is only open from 9-12 on Saturdays. So it's easy for me to pull cards for one or two trades at night time, stick a stamp on the envelope, and send off in the mailbox outside of my work.

What's also fun, besides all the new traders I've met, is that there are lots of familiar faces on there! I just completed a handful of swaps with some well-known bloggers.

The latest comes from Matt over at Summer of 74. I sent Matt a couple of Brewers and a Bo Jackson he needed from 2019 Archives, and got these two cards from 2019 Optic: Judge and Stanton. Very easy!
The awesome toy man Colbey from Cardboard Collections and I then engaged in a quick trade. I found a Gleyber Torres insert in exchange for four inserts from 2019 Topps Update. Even nicer, he sent a team bag of Pokemon cards for my son, which he absolutely loved. I really appreciated that!
Next is from Laurie of LV's TTM autographs and baseball cards, who is quite the prolific trader on the site! I found a Stanton and Gleyber I could user, and sent along a Jorge Polanco insert and a Nicky Lopez 150 Years stamped Topps card.
Lastly, although done via Twitter and not TCDB, my friend Paul of Scribbled Ink sent me these two Yanks for some Jose Cansecos. The Judge was a bonus throw in I wasn't expecting and it's a beaut.
I'm now up to 45 completed trades, which is bonkers. It's a blast making these quick swaps.

I'm glad I stopped being so stubborn and finally took the plunge!

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear TCDB is working out. I am in the process of getting my cards up. It seems like a lot of people prefer using it for trading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what platform they're using, fellow bloggers are always going to make for the most reliable traders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would literally take me years just to put up a want/need list over there. Even longer to list my cards to trade. I need to find me a jeannie in a bottle.(preferably one that looks like Barbara Eden did back in the day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been adding like a box at a time for weeks now. I see no end in sight, lol, but it is very addictive.

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to slowly move my collection over to TCDB but it's a long process. Frankly, I'm not sure I even understand how to (easily) find trade partners on there. Maybe I just don't have enough stuff listed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your review of your transactions makes it seem like it's the ideal site for microtransaction on small scales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen that Judge NBCD card before. It doesn't look like the cards I pulled out of my 2019 NBCD packs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting back into the hobby, it was TCDB that really hooked me back in for good, and then that lead me to blogging

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have my collection up to date on TCDB, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to find the time to use it for trading. I just have way too many cards to spend time entering them in my collection for trading, even though it would probably be a fun process.

    ReplyDelete