Thursday, February 27, 2020

Fuji Funds My Nest Egg

I was one of the luck 30 or so people to receive a mailing from San Jose Fuji over the last week.

First and foremost, I'd like to pause this post to go throw these in a safety deposit box...
...because my kids's college education is now set!

My favorite card of the package is this Joe Pepitone card. It's a fascinating card from 1968 Atlantic Oil. "Collect card 7 and win $10." That is a lottery! Baseball cards are gambling anyways. This card is very very cool. By the way, $10 in 1968 would be about $74 now. More nest egg fuel!
Fuji hit my PC guys with a Ty Hensley auto and a Tino RC. For what it's worth, I still consider this Tino's RC even though it's probably not factually correct. Oh well!
What a gift. Or two gifts! I really like these relic cards. Although I'm confused as to why the gray on each of these has a different texture. I assume they are taken from different uniforms, such as part of a spring training jersey or players weekend jersey.
Speaking of Severino, I'm very sad about his TJ Surgery news. He's such a talented pitcher, but this just doesn't bode well. Maybe he'll be back at the end of 2021, but with last year being mostly lost due to injury, and now this, there will be a lot of "what could have been" when looking back on his career.
Fuji rounded out the package with a TCMAs that are older than me, and a Ryan Sink Bowman Chrome auto.
Great package from a great person. Thanks, Fuji!



8 comments:

  1. What is Mark going to do with all of that space he cleared out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuji is the best. I'm hoping those great Kevin Maas prospect cards come back out for a certain October awareness event. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really disappointed when I heard that Sevy had to miss his 2nd straight year. He's a frontline starter when he's healthy, but I can barely remember that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the grey swatches, I'm guessing that one of them is from the mesh panel on the side, and the other isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try not to spend all of that Maas money in one place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really good of Fuji to take care of your family's future like that :)

    ReplyDelete