Sunday, January 14, 2018

Still here

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

It was rumored for the past month that Clint Frazier had been on the trading block in a potential Garrit Cole deal. Obviously he ended up being traded to the Astros yesterday.

I'd have to think Frazier ended up being pulled off the table by Brian Cashman. While the Pirates got a solid haul of prospects, Frazier would have outranked all of them according to many analysts. Time will tell, of course, but many were surprised the Pirates didn't get "more." This is all subjective, of course.

Sure, the Yankees are still looking for pitching and may continue to dangle Frazier, but I'm in the the camp that thinks he's going to be an above average Big Leaguer, and hope the Yankees find a way to keep him and rotate him into their OF.

Plus, he's a fun personality. NY needs that.
I've been slowly acquiring more and more Frazier cards, including throwing in a few every COMC order. I prefer his Yankees issues, of course, but that hasn't stopped me from snagging some of his earlier Indians issues. An autograph is next on deck.

This post could all be for naught and Clint could be wrapped up in another deal heading into spring training, but I'm going to continue crossing my fingers and hoping he's part of the Yankees future.

3 comments:

  1. I wish the Frazier/Adams for Cole deal was made. Considering that Frazier and Pirates top prospect Austin Meadows were great friends growing up I thought it would have been cool for them both to play for the Bucs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times the best deals are the ones not made. I like Chance Adams and am bummed he's still stuck below others on the depth chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard lots of great things about this guy. Can't wait to see him in action.

    ReplyDelete