Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TTM Success: Harry Doyle (aka Bob Uecker)


After some slow TTM days, I finally received a few nice successes lately.


Fan-favorite Bob Uecker signed my 2001 Topps Archives card. He signed it in pen so the signature is a little tough to read.

Bob is obviously one of baseball’s gems. He was of course a light-hitting catcher in the ‘50s and ‘60s, but it’s been his contributions to the game since then that have solidified his place in baseball history. He made us all laugh in Major League as Indians broadcaster Harry Doyle. He starred in Miller Lite commercials, and even in the sitcom Mr. Belvedere. The man has done it all.

This is a very unique addition to my autograph collection. Thanks, Mr. Uecker!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you know I'm jealous! Uke is so a part of what baseball is. Love 'em! Excuse me, I must be in the front row!

    Sweet auto!

    ReplyDelete