Saturday, December 28, 2019

8!

Back in 2011, I started blogging as a young pup. Later that year, my son was born. It's hard to believe I've been writing this thing longer than he has been alive.

Today, my little dude turns 8. He just tore through the Pokemon card box we got him as his "big" gift.

Over the years, many of you have been incredibly generous sending him cards. While I've been bad at keeping up the "Joey's Cards" tab on my blog, I hope everyone knows that all the cards sent to him have been designated as such, kept in a binder, or in the instance of Jeter, kept with my most special cards.

Thank you to all who have been nice enough to throw something into trade packages for him. It's truly appreciated, and will always be part of the collection I keep for him. He won't have access to these cards until he's much older, since I'm worried he'll trade one now for some Pokemon GX something or other.

Here is a sampling of what you all have sent over the years, highlighted by the Jeter zapping from ZZ a long time ago!



And a few TTMs!

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Joey! That is quite a collection, just from blogger gifts. I'm so impressed with the Jeter SP RC and the vintage, and the personalized TTMs are fantastic. Hopefully one day he will enjoy sports cards as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Joey! Impressive start on your collection. I don't even have a 1993 SP Jeter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little known fact... your HOF collection for Joey actually got me started on my HOF Binder. Happy Bday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG 8 already! Happy Birthday to Joey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey has a pretty awesome collection. Love the personalized autographs. A box of Pokemon? Sounds like he had a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "(S)ince I'm worried he'll trade one now for some Pokemon GX something or other."

    I'm 100% confident that no trading partner who'd have what he'd want would be interested in Pokemon stuff lol.

    Still, trading an SPx Jeter for a first edition Charizard might be somewhat equal in the birthday boy's eyes one day ;).

    ReplyDelete