Monday, December 30, 2019

Christmas cards

Usually, Christmas comes and goes without me getting any cards from my family. I can't say I don't get any cards because there is usually a blogger Secret Santa gift or another random act of kindness.

And I don't blame my family. I never ask for cards, and I try to imagine my wife at Target looking at the boxes and having no clue what to get. It's like if she told me "go pick up some eyeliner" without any direction, I'd have zero clue where to begin.

This year I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice little hanger of 2019 Heritage High Number in my stocking! That's only happened once or twice before, so it was a nice little treat, and I appreciate the effort.
The first card out was a Yankee, JA Happ. Nice start.
None of the big base RCs fell out, although there was a Pete Alonso Rookie Performers insert. I'm not sure why these don't have the "RC" logo on them, as I thought inserts of rookies usually do?
And I did flip the cards over to check out the codes, which revealed a SP photo variation or something?
The cards in the rear were more of the same, as the highlights were Manny Machado and Zack Britton. I thought the pose on the Machado was cool.
The Alonso was a nice card to grab, and I'm not upset at no big RC hit. I'm thankful that my wife even attempted to whether the card aisle, and a hanger of Heritage High Number is definitely not a bad pick it all. It was just fun to open a couple cards on Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. I got cards this year too, which is a very rare occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any wife that's willing to travel down the card aisle for their husband is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the "Rookie Performers" cards don't have the RC logo because "Rookie" is already in the name, so that would be kind of redundant. Not that that always stops them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad gift at all. Kudos to the wifey for grabbing some cards and a pack that contains a couple Yankees ain't a bad pick at all.

    ReplyDelete