Sunday, December 22, 2019

Cards from Bloggers!

I know I've teen tooting the horn of the Trading Card Database. Honestly, the site is easier to make quick, pointed card swaps. If you're into it, it's a great place to trade.

However, bloggers decided to make a comeback and bomb my mailbox this past week, as three packages (plus Secret Santa -- more on that later) arrived. Good stuff!

The first was a quick PWE from Peter over at Baseball Every Night. He said this was a bumper card in a package he received, and offered it to me. Of course I'd take it! Very nice looking card from 1995 Leaf. I feel like there were a lot of "fielding" cards/inserts in the mid-90s.
Next up, Tim from I Love The Smell Of Cardboard In The Morning sent me a surprise package. Tim was my Secret Santa last year, and he always has a knack for finding Tinos I don't have. I don't know how he does it. It's like he knows my wantlist better than I do! Plus this one was diecut, which makes it even better! I'm now up to 920 Tinos, although the number is a bit less on TCDB because they missed a few.
Tim also sent three much-appreciated Gleybers. I absolutely love the Blue Chips!
Lastly, Chris from Nachos Grande was kind enough to send a team bag of Yanks. I won a Barry Larkin card in one of Collecting Cutch's October giveaways, and it was one Chris needed, so I had Cutch send it his way. I had forgotten about it until Chris sent this package, highlighted by a Bye Bye Balboni autograph!
Three great mail days from three great bloggers! Thanks, Gents!


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Black Diamond ever did die-cuts, looks really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Pride of New York autograph set is really cool. Seems like a lot of the guys on the checklist only have one or two certified autographs. I wish they did something similar for the A's.

    ReplyDelete