Friday, June 12, 2020

ZZ sends a BG

The mail in my neck of the woods has been unusually fast, at least for PWEs. It's easy to crap all over the post office, and I know they often cause headaches. But during these last few weeks, I give props to them for role as essential workers and for dominating, at least in my neck of the woods.

On Saturday, I made a trip to the post office where I sent three different PWEs, as well as three bubble mailers.

I know he probably lives only about an hour away, but in that time, my PWE reached Zippy Zappy, and by Wednesday - just five days later - a return PWE from him was in my mailbox.

That is crazy efficient!

Props goes to ZZ as well for an unnecessarily quick turn around.

Anyhow, I recently picked up a Kei Igawa autograph, as they don't pop up very much in Japan, so thought it might give him some collateral next time he made the trip to Japan and visited their local card shops.

In a lightning quick show of gratitude, ZZ sent me this:
It's only my second Gardner autograph, I believe. This is from 2008 Tristar Projections, and is a gold numbered 24/25. He noted that Gardner is a bit like Igawa in the fact that there just aren't a ton of their autographs floating around out there.

Gardner's signature is very uninspiring here, just a straight up BG. His autograph has evolved over the years a bit - still not great, but better!
Thanks, ZZ. And thanks, USPS.

6 comments:

  1. I can see Gardy being annoyed at being asked to autograph. He'd think it's a waste of time he could spend working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the TriStar signature is actually nicer. At least you can make out the BG. I think the Topps Signature card would make an excellent "Guess the Graph" post. In fact, my buddy is a big autograph guy. I just texted him to see if he can guess it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His response...

      "Hell if I know. I can't even tell the 1st letter. Is it a B?"

      Delete