Monday, August 3, 2020

An advanced mailday from Napkin Doon

Last week, a PWE showed up from the one and only Napkin Doon.

I still have hope one day Doon will fire up the blog, but he's definitely still and active collector. And that's good enough for me.

The highly of the PWE was this:
While that may look like a regular old Topps Series One card, it's so much more. Upon flipping the card over, it's an Advanced Stats parallel.
Unless you flip the card over, you'd never know. I actually pulled one of these in Series 2, and didn't realize it until I was logging card backs. Even then, it's just a serial number under the card number. I do wish there was a bit more to tell it apart, but I guess it makes for a nice surprise.

I don't mind the parallel itself. It's sort of fun to feature some of the advanced stats. I'm not opposed, not at all.

Nap threw in a few others, as well. I like the Albert Abreu Bowman pApEr parallel as well.
The five card PWE definitely packed a lot of punch. Thanks, Nap!

5 comments:

  1. Some good Yankees. The Abreu's the best-looking card, but he's the only one I've never heard of. If the Rivera was from an actual Cracker Jack box, it would get my vote. But I doubt it is. So Judge wins this round with his SN 300.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On one hand I wish it was easier to determine these Advanced Stats parallels, since I can only imagine how many have pass through my collection and eventually donated or given away. On the other hand, it rewards those collectors who take the time to turn over their cards and appreciate the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Though, you'd be a better judge of it than me.

    ReplyDelete