Friday, August 14, 2020

The Summer of PWEs

Holy moly. This summer is going fast.

For being stuck at home, the summer is sure finding a way to move quickly, as most summers do. I expected this one to drag, but here were are, mid-August.

Since it's really been the summer of PWEs, I thought I'd show off a few that have tricked in over the last few weeks.

Coach Tom sent a good one with a few different fun cards. The highlight for me was this Aaron Judge Syracuse Orange parallel from Big League.
A few other Big Leaguers. I love getting Gerrit Cole Yankee cards!
A couple Tinos! The diecut Retrospectives is a sweet design. I love the colors, too.
And as he tends to do, Tom sent me a few HOFers for my sons binder!
Thanks, Coach!

Kerry from Cards on Cards hit me up with a good PWE as well. I always like his, as they tend to be a mixture of Yankees and Knicks.
I wish the Knicks were in the Bubble since Kevin Knox cards would be worth like $50 a pop if he had a good game.
I like this CC from Big League, as well. Why didn't Topps give him a tribute card in flagship? That seems like an odd omission when a future HOFer hangs 'em up, right?
And finally a quick swap from Bru! I like the Defensive Wizards insert set as well. Players in outer space always goes over well with me.
I hope a lot of stuff from Covid time goes away, but I hope the PWE momentum continues to stay.

6 comments:

  1. Plenty of good cards. That Knox Franchise Features if my favorite. And yeah it would be worth a lot if they'd been given the chance to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Buck Leonard is cool. Don't see him pop up in sets very often. I'm gonna have to see who else made that insert set (or is it a subset?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found it on COMC. It's an insert set and the checklist is loaded.

      Delete
    2. It's a neat set. I actually thought it was from Greats of the Game until I looked closer.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry, but the backgrounds on the Defensive Wizards are so hokey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Stitches In Time cards were really cool. I think I put together all of the base cards from that set, and also have a few of the autographs.

    ReplyDelete