Sunday, August 30, 2020

Cole Train picking up steam

So far, Gerrit Cole has been as advertised.

He's been a but homer-prone, but on the whole, has been excellent. He does what he's supposed to each time out there, and I look forward to his starts. The Yankees scheduled has worked out in a way, between weather delays and Covid postponements, where it seems like he takes the ball every other game.

I love his competitiveness and drive each time he's out there, as well. He's a beast.

Adding Gerrit Cole cards to my TCDB has helped open up a few trades, too. I don't plan on collecting Cole hardcore or anything. But adding some of his new cards to my waitlist helps me make some smaller swaps.

The last two Coles to come in via TCDB all came on nice, simple swaps.

I traded a few 2020 Topps Chrome base cards for this guy, from 2020 Donruss Optic. Nice shot of Cole from spring training. And look, he does have a logo on his hat...from New Era!
The next is a photo-shopped Cole from 2020 Topps Series 2 - honoring whatever set was 35 years ago. Super easy trade for five 2020 Bowman commons.
This last Cole wasn't from TCDB, but was more of an impulse buy the day after the MLB season started. It's my first - and only - 2020 Topps NOW card. I can't believe how many of these I bought a few years ago. But alas, they've lost their luster with me a bit. Still, I wanted muy first card of Cole that wasn't photoshopped or from Spring Training.
I'm sure I'll continue to pick up Cole cards, as it makes me a more agreeable traders on TCBD, a great place to trade.

3 comments:

  1. I just hope Cole doesn't catch the injury bug from the other Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's worse: logo-less cards or airbrushed. I think this is more divisive than politics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a few Coles back in the day when he was a rising star for the Pirates. I'd like to add at least one autograph of him with the Astros eventually (if he has any).

    ReplyDelete