Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hammer' Hank auto - real or fake?

As most of you probably know, today marks the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron's 715th HR. I'll never forget where I was when it happened. I was 9 nears away from being born.

I figured it was a good time to show my Hank Aaron autographed card. I won this on Listia for a reasonable price. I'm not certain if its authentic, but it was worth the gamble. He signed a lot of cards for this set, and it looks very similar to some of the certified ones on eBay. I happen to think it's real, but I may submit it for verification.

What do you think? Real or fake?
Here are some of the ones that have recently sold on eBay:


3 comments:

  1. Looks close enough to me. Especially if it was put out pre-signed by Front Row, I'd say it's gotta be most likely legit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the furthest thing from an autograph expert, but they all look the same to me. Either way... that's one heck of a Listia win. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find such great things on Listia? I'm new to it and all I find is... crap. That auto looks real. I would definitely send it in for authentication though. Make it official.

    ReplyDelete