Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A "package" from S-Napkin Doon



It’s been fun being back in the “blogosphere” this past month.

I wouldn’t say I’m totally “back” or that I ever went fully “away.” I just had other things going and had to prioritize.

However, I wouldn’t say that I lost interest in the hobby. I’ll always love meeting new collectors and adding Yankee cards to my collection. Since joining the “blog world” I’ve done both.

One of the best “blogging friends” I’ve made so far is Napkin Doon. “Nap” and I have done a few trades, and I really enjoy reading his “musings” on collecting.

Doon sent me a “welcome back” package in the mail, and it was awesome!

Included in the package was a “snap” case that took me about five minutes to open. I haven’t seen such fancy card “contraptions.” Is that what came out while I was gone? I’m guessing they’ve been around a while and I just never had one. Maybe he’ll change his name to “Snapkin Doon.” Oh, snap!


There were three cards inside. All gems. The first was a 2012 Panini Joe DiMaggio. I’ve been putting cards of the “Yankee Clipper” aside since he and my son share the same first name. I hadn’t seen this set from Panini, but it looks pretty cool. 


The second card I saw made me do a “double take”. Could it be? A 2003 Heritage Grand Stand Glory stadium seat relic of Phil Rizzuto. This will be a “staple” in my Rizzuto collection. 


Last but not least, a 2011 Bowman Chrome Futures Fusion X-Fractor. I loved these die cut cards.


Snapkin, thanks for the cards. They will all find a special spot in my collection.

4 comments:

  1. And this post will find a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I go away for a bit, will I get cool stadium seat cards from the Nap?

    I bet he sends me Bieber relic cards....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all misunderstood- I gave the LC those cards as a thank you for GOING AWAY in the first place, not for coming back.

    And Bieber relics stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should trade again soon. I have some Tino card with a coin stuck in it that you may need.

    ReplyDelete