Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rocco Baldelli laughs in my face

A few days ago, we made a family run to Target. Diapers, cleaning supplies, etc. I swung by the card row, hoping to find a discount blaster from the previous year. While everything was fully marked, I did find a discount pack that contained "one relic card plus three packs." I've read stories about other bloggers finding some true gems in these packs, even a Mickey Mantle jersey. With thoughts of a major score dancing in my head, I plucked one off the rack.

Why on earth would I think I'd even get a halfway decent card? I should have known and saved the money, but my mind does weird things in the card row. My hit was of the one and only, the next DiMaggio (at the time), Rocco Baldelli. Sigh. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed, but I was.


As for the three packs that were included? About what you'd expect.

1 comment:

  1. All promise, no delivery, that's the sad story of Rocco Baldelli.

    ReplyDelete