Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trading with Uncle Moe



I recently made a trade with our favorite Simpson’s bar-owner, Moe. Or Uncle Moe. He sent me a few Yanks from 2012 Topps Update, which was appreciated because I wasn’t really collecting at this time and didn’t have any. The highlight for me is the Jesus Montero Rookie Debut. I wish this were a whole set, instead of part of the set. I love reliving debuts. 


I’ve always loved getting cards of random players who briefly appeared in Pinstripes. They are great TTM subjects. This will be the case with this Darnell McDonald.

I love this Eric Chavez card. First off, it was taken during Boston’s Opening Day when they had that lame celebration where all the past players came out of that garage door in the outfield. Eric Chavez blasted two HRs this day in these old school NY uniforms. The Yanks won.


Moe, thanks for the trade!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I was able to come up with a few you didn't have. I got the cards you sent me today. Thank you!

    moe.

    ReplyDelete