Thursday, March 28, 2013

JBF Bombs Away - Part 1



This is a three part series about some bombing JBF recently hit me with. While one was the standard PWE, two were packages. I have a big old stack of cards ready to go to Wes in return, but I’ve been a little lazy getting to the post office. They will go out this week, I promise.

I’ll start with the PWE, which contained six cards. The other packages held some serious mojo, but I’ll start gradually.
Here are the first three cards. I REALLY appreciated and was excited about the Bert Campaneris 1984 Topps. See, I do own this card, but my only copy is signed for my Topps Yankees Project. I’m so happy to have an unsigned version now.
The last three cards were a few from the past few years of guys who had shorts stints in NY. I actually sent this exact card to Chad Qualls for his auto this spring, and he hasn’t returned it. I’m assuming Qualls receives the same amount of fan mail as Derek Jeter and Albert Pujols, so no surprise about the lack of return. Maybe I’ll try him again once the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment