Sunday, May 18, 2014

I got cards on my anniversary!

Today is my wedding anniversary. This morning, my wife gave me a really nice card, and in the card was something else. Something she's actually never gotten me. Baseball cards.

Tucked in the envelope was a jumbo rack pack (36 cards) of 2014 Topps Series One. Of course, we've all had out fill of Series One, but this really is the thought that counts. She told me how she stood in the card aisle for 10 minutes and had no clue what to get. She said, "Some said 2013, and I didn't even know they made football cards?" It was adorable, and I appreciate the effort. She even gave me the receipt, but of course I wasn't going to take them back.

I can totally understand how overwhelming and foreign it must've been. If I was going to buy her makeup or nail polish or something, I wouldn't even know where to start in the beauty row. The fact that she went out of her way to pick up something I love is one of the many reasons I love her.

So what did I get? Here are the highlights. I'll probably be sentimental and put the 36 cards away in a plastic case.



8 comments:

  1. An Iron Man, The Kid, Trout, a green Profar, and Yuuuuuu! You definitely could have done much worse. Doesn't matter, because it sounds like the biggest score was marrying the one who bought the cards for you.

    Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice when your spouse supports your hobby. Mine does as well and I appreciate it greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best cards are made great through emotional connections. You had some rich additions today! Here's to many many more years of happiness for the Mazza family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! My wife wants to buy me cards but doesn't have the slightest clue on what to buy. I'm sure I would end up with Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with P-Town. She pulled a good pack for you. Guess she's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one cool anniversary present. Hope you two enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete