Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Too Many Tinos

I've reached the point where I have too many Tinos.

Let me clarify, I want and need them all. But when I spend a few bucks buying a Tino on eBay, only to add it to my "have" list and realize I had that card already, that's when I know I'm reaching levels that are too high.

But I still want the ones I don't have.

I paid $4.50 for this Tino bat relic. #'d to 250, I thought $1.50 + $3 shipping (arrghhh) was fair for a low-numbered relic. I didn't recognize it, so I figured I was safe. I try to keep all or most of my Tino relics under $5 (including shipping), so this was close to the top of my budget.

So the card arrives, and I start to have a little bit of deja vu. No. It couldn't be, could it?

I pull up my blog, check my 2004 Tinos, and boom, this exact card. I already own it.

So what does this mean? Well, it means, for one, this is for trade because I don't need two. But it also means, more than ever, that I need to be extra careful when buying Tino cards, and to always check it against my "have" list. It would have taken me all of 15 seconds to do so.

Lesson learned. Now send me more Tinos, please.

2 comments:

  1. I do that all the time, or I used to. The have list helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this as well, but sometimes for different reasons. I'll see a cheap auto of a Pirate or Mountaineer knowing that I have the card, but still justify the purchase by saying it was a great deal. It's like the episode of South Park where Cartman justifies the purchase of a 3 pack of the movie Time Cop for 18 bucks because it was a "good deal."

    ReplyDelete