Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Are parallels...refreshing?



When this card arrived in the mail the other day, the first thing I felt? Refreshed.

It was refreshing to see a Topps 60 insert in red. I saw so many of the navy blue ones (I swear they fell three per pack) back in 2011, that they became very redundant. Surely, you remember these:
 
It was nice to see a card design I’ve seen a million times, but in fresh, new color. Sure, the auto helps, but I feel like even if it wasn't signed, the red stands out in a different way.

Oops. I think I just justified and made an argument for why parallels exist. It's easy to bemoan parallels, especially when there are so many of them. But I admit, it's nice to see a different color splashed in for some variety.

I better stop. Here, just enjoy the card again.

No comments:

Post a Comment