Saturday, January 29, 2022

Do you know the way to San Jose?

A few weeks back, I got a nice mailing from San Jose Fuji.

I'm sure many feel the same, but to me Fuji is the ultimate blogger. Thoughtful posts, kind gestures, and always something nice to say.

For me, he's been a constant in my nearly eleven years with this blog.

Fuji sent me a nice rigid envelope of cards a few weeks back, highlighted by two Yankees relics from 2019 Topps Holiday:
I have to think that's my first Aaron Hicks relic, but I'm not totally sure.

Topps Holiday is always a fun set with fun relics, and I always seem to miss out on it. I don't have a Walmart nearby, and even if I did would I ever find boxes of these? I rely on TCDB for the singles, but Fuji certainly helps with the relics.

A couple Tinos were also included, include a fairy rare 1998 UD Authentic Sheer Dominance Gold (/2000).
Lastly, can never go wrong with a triplet of HOFers, including Jeter, Mantle, and Rizzuto.
Fuji, thanks so much for the 'blog friendship' over the years.

6 comments:

  1. that was a nice tit for tat between you two. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice timing by the two of you with these posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card blog gods were smiling down on us... because it was a total coincidence that our posts were published on the same day.

      Delete
  3. I love that Tino Martinez insert card. Really simple, clean design. I miss Upper Deck cards so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of Fuji as being the soul of the card blogs.

    ReplyDelete