Sunday, January 30, 2022

Let's get greedy

Today, the Cincinnati Bengals are playing to go to the Super Bowl.

Let me write that one more time.

Today, the Cincinnati Bengals are playing to go to the Super Bowl.

While it's been a fun, exciting ride already, it's time to get a little greedy. I don't want this to be the end. I don't want this to be "well, it was cool to just be here." I mean, sure it is. But it's ok to be greedy and want the next win.

Today, the Bengals defense will have their hands full. The Kansas City Chiefs are in their fourth straight AFC title game, and have won the last two. Indeed, all roads go through KC.

It's won't be easy. A motived Patrick Mahomes wanting to avenge a Week 17 loss to the Bengals. A Mahomes who is at the height of his game and wants a second ring.

Leading the Bengals defense will be safety Jesse Bates. He started off the game last week with an interception on the very first pass of the game. He'll have his hands full today with Hill, Kelce, Pringle, and Hardman.
Then there's Logan Wilson, a second-year LB out of Wyoming. His interception late in the 4th last week set the Bengals up for their game winning FG.
What a tall task this will be today, but this guy is up for the challenge.
Let's get greedy, Joe.

8 comments:

  1. As a former and native St. Lousian, I am annoyed with the number of former Rams fans in my life who have converted over to Chiefs fandom. I am going with the Bengals today. I hope they can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of don't care at this point. As my Super Bowl "contest" will reflect. Ha.

    Reid getting his first was a big deal, but his second doesn't seem nearly as important.
    No Bengals connections.
    Hated the 49ers growing up, but that wore off after I moved out of NorCal. And they started sucking. Ha.
    Not a fan of L.A. or how the Rams treated St. Louis.

    I guess I'll be going Chiefs and 49ers. So much passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Bengals! I'm pulling for them and the Rams today. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck of a defense they've got. Excellent change against either SF or LA, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tremendous game. Congrats.

    Will be interesting to see if their opponent is the 49ers, as it was on their only two previous trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all you've done for them so far, I think you should be in line to receive a ring if they do end up winning it all :)

    ReplyDelete