Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fastest. Trade. Ever.

I've long admired the blog Condition: Poor. It's got one of the coolest, cleanest designs and the custom cards are some of the nicest I've seen. Recently, I saw that blog owner Sean was on a quest for the 1960 Topps set. I had an old Eli Grba #183 laying around, and while it wasn't a dupe in my collection, it wasn't a card I was overly attached to. I told Sean it was all his if he could produce a Yankee from around the same time frame. Sean came through! He had a 1957 Topps Tommy Byrne that I didn't have, and any time I can trade a 1960 for a '57 I'm down. The Byrne has a nice little crease (aka condition poor - see what I did there?), but I'm not worried about it. It's a sweet card.


It may also be the fastest trade ever completed. I emailed Sean Friday morning, we quickly worked out a deal and I plopped the Grba in the mail around lunchtime. Sean received it Saturday! He mailed the Byrne Saturday and I received it Monday. Speedy trade - I like it!

Sean, thanks for the trade and good luck with you quest for the 1960 set. It's a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment