Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tino Tuesdays #3: 1995 Pacific Mariner's Memories

I shouldn't be showing off this card. I'm still bitter about this series, although it was incredibly exciting. I'm talking about the 1995 ALDS, when Tino Martinez was still a Mariner.

I recently won a $.10 lot of four Tino cards on eBay. The only reason I bid was because I saw this card and didn't recognize it. It took me a little while to figure it out, but I believe it's from a 1995 Mariners Pacific team set.



On the back of the card is a short game recap. Tino homered off Yankees starter Jack McDowell. While I still cringe at the thought of this series, it was Tino's success vs the Yanks in 1995 that eventually caused them to trade for him. So while it hurt at the time, it may have been a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment