Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TTM Success and a Contest Shout Out

Yesterday I had two little white SASEs in my mailbox. That's a lovely feeling if you've never experienced it. I'm going to give each one a separate post.

Yankees RHP Prospect Bryan Mitchell signed my card in about 2 weeks c/o the Staten Island Yankees. I'm having a lot of success sending to these guys. Now if I could only get my Mason Williams back! Mitchell even threw six innings of one hit ball last night. He's a solid prospect and I expect him to climb steadily over the next few years.


One thing I'm noticing - the 2011 Topps Pro Debut cards are not ideal for signing. I've been getting some bubbly signatures. It's my fault for not using any sort of powder on them to remove the gloss, but I'm lazy. Lesson learned.

Oh, and a contest shout out! The awesome Cheap Card Collecting is holding a contest for some nice cards - a lot of relics, including a Brett Gardner Topps 60 relic that I'm going to win, so set your sights on something else.

CLICK HERE and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't gotten any of the 2011 Pro Debut cards signed yet, but I haven't run into any problems with the regular 2011 Topps cards as long as I run the eraser over them first to get rid of a little bit of the surface gloss.

    ReplyDelete