Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm sorry Miss Jackson, oooh I am for real!

For $.11 shipped on eBay, I found this Jackson Melian signed card. It's from a brand called Diamond Authentics. I don't think I've heard of it before. Anyone have any info on them? Anyways, Melian was one of the Yankees better prospects in the late 1990s and was traded in 2000 to the Reds as part of a package for Denny Neagle. He bounced around the minors for a few years but never made the majors. He was still playing independant ball as recently as last year.


I found the back of the card both hideous and interesting. It is hand numbered 703/1250. It is also a "guaranteed genuine autograph." I always enjoy when my autos are genuine and from the heart.

2 comments:

  1. I also hate un-genuine autographs. I've never seen any of those either. Wonder who all is is in that set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Dan Phillips (busted Rox prospect) from that set as well. If you find a complete checklist let me know. I would like to know how many more busts I'd like to collect.

    ReplyDelete