Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rags auto from the Dime Box master


This took me forever to post, mostly out of sheer laziness. Nick from Dime Boxes pulled this sweet 2012 Archives Dave Righetti auto. Now, he didn't get it from a dime box, although I wouldn't put it past him. I saw the card and wanted it. One, I love 1986 Topps, and two, I didn’t have a Rags auto, so I contacted Mr. Dime Box himself about it. We hammered out a trade, and I could not be happier with the card.


I like Rags' signature. It’s a little goofy and loopy, but so is the name Righetti, so it fits in perfectly.

Nick also sent me an awesome assortment of Yanks, some I’m certain coming for hapless dime boxes all over the Chicago area that don't know what hit 'em.
 
Here is an assortment of cards he sent, including some oddballs that I haven’t seen before, and a large assortment of 1988 Pacific Legends cards.




Thanks for a great deal, Nick!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked them! The "Rags" auto is definitely a nice one, glad I could give it a good home.

    And yes, a few of those were dime box finds. I know the "Lefty" Gomez was definitely one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the card under Keough, is it Rivers? is it a SSPC card? I like that Throneberry one.

    ReplyDelete