Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tino Tuesday #46: 1991 Bowman #257


I can't say this is my favorite early Bowman Tino Martinez. I like it better than 1989, but less than 1992. However, as a player collector, it's a necessary card to own.

It was really the last year of the cardboard stock, as they went a glossier in 1992 forward. It feels like an early or mid-80s card. The purples and blues don't really do it for me, but the player's name is very legible. On Bowman cards, which are filled with young players and prospects, I'd prefer that the player's position be on the front of the card since many are unknown to the average collector.

Tino's pose is pretty generic. It was definitely from spring training, as he didn't make his MLB debut until later in 1991. The clouds in the background are pretty cool.

Overall, not my favorite Bowman, but not the worst either.

No comments:

Post a Comment